We take our commitment to our patients very seriously. In an effort to maintain the same level of care and attention to our patients and their dental needs, we have decided to postpone the scheduling of any new patients until January 2022. This will allow for enough time to accommodate our overdue patients and to treat the increase of dental emergencies experienced during the last year and a half.
We are all in recovery and playing catch up after the impact of the Covid pandemic. As a result, scheduling availability has been limited for the remaining 2021 year. In fairness to all prospective, new patients, we want to be transparent about this as we value your time and your efforts to reach your dental health goals.
We are optimistic that things will continue to stabilize, and we look forward to meeting you in the near future. We love accepting new patients; we are just temporarily having to pace our appointment scheduling for the remainder of the year.
Thank you for your patience and understanding.
We hope this letter finds you and your family in good health. While many things have changed in the last few months, one thing has remained the same: our commitment to your safety. Infection control has always been a top priority for our practice and you may have seen this during your visits to our office. Our infection control processes are made so that when you receive care, it is both safe and comfortable. We wanted to take this opportunity to keep you informed of the new updates to our "Safety and Sterilization Protocols.”
Here are just a few of the extra measures we are taking to help protect your health:
1. New Patient Screening measures: Our office will communicate with you beforehand to ask some screening questions. You’ll be asked those same questions again when you arrive to the office. Vitals taken will now include a forehead temperature check.
2. Extensive Personal Protective Equipment (PPE), in addition to the standard gowns, gloves and protective eyewear:
• Appropriate masks/respirators
• Surgical hair caps
• Full Face Shields
• Shoe Covers, as needed
3. Hand Sanitizer will be made readily available throughout the office, and you will be asked to use it when you enter the office. Proper hand hygiene is your first line of protection.
4. A hydrogen peroxide-based rinse will be offered prior to treatment to reduce the viral presence in the mouth.
5. Installation of multiple medical-grade HEPA (High Efficiency Particulate Air) filters that capture 99.97% of particles down to 0.1 microns, which is the approximate size (0.125) of the coronavirus. https://medifyair.com/pages/needtoknow
6. Integration of isolation devices like the Dry Shield system. https://www.dryshield.com/faq In conjunction with our current high volume suction, we are now able to eliminate airborne dental aerosols by over 90%.
7. A streamlined check-in and check-out process: Simply call us from your car when you have arrived at the office parking lot. You will then be greeted by one of our team members at the office door, get “checked in,” and then be escorted directly to one of our treatment rooms. To check-out, we will either coordinate follow-up care appointments, payments, and financial arrangements prior to your visit with us, or at the front desk area when social distancing can be met and no more than 2 people are in the reception area.
We are happy to answer any questions you may have about the additional steps we are taking to keep you, and every patient, safe in our practice. We can't express our gratitude enough for the understanding and patience you have shown during these uncertain times. We will update you again with a definite re-open date, and we look forward to seeing you soon!
Dr. Gretchen Gadwood & Team
- Has it been years since your last dental visit?
- Are you in search of a dentist who can take care of you and your family?
- Feeling nervous or hopeless from past dental experiences?
It is important to us that our services benefit your health and smile, and that you are pleased with your experience. We take the time to address your questions and concerns so that you don't feel rushed, overwhelmed or misunderstood. We are here to help!
With our straightforward approach, attention to detail, and dedication towards improving your dental health, you'll realize that our practice is a place where your smile comes first!
500 Alfred Nobel Drive
Hercules, CA 94547
Phone: (510) 741-5985
Fax: (510) 741-5993
Monday - Thursday 9AM - 5PM
Friday 8AM - 1PM
High quality and professional service
My experience was awesome. From the moment I spoke with the staff being stressful of a broken and painful tooth they were companionate and understanding and fit me in right away. The doctor was informative and so professionally kind. If you haven’t a dentist in the area or you aren’t satisfied with yours do see Dr. Gadwood.
The very finest dentist I know of
I drive more than two and a half hours to continue using Dr. Gadwood and her hygienist, Christy. I have complete trust in their abilities and appreciate the time Dr. Gadwood takes to give me options and help me understand the choices..
Excellent Dentist and overall positive experience every visit
Dr. Gadwood and her staff are true professionals. I always leave each visit well informed of present and future treatments, the quality of work is top notch. I would highly recommend this practice to anyone looking for a Dentist they can trust..
Built with Mobirise - Check it